Friday, January 4, 2013

It's SNEAK PEEK FRIDAY!

.
.
I am working on the edits of my manuscript as the editors from Sapphire Star put up with my thousands of questions each day. So, I figured I would share scene and give you a sneak peek of part of Gracie and Noah's story.

Feel free to share the link with anyone you think would love to see how this all turns out for Gracie!

I now proudly bring you a single little scene from IN TOO DEEP, due out June 6, 2013


*******************
There was a noise in my room that brought me out of the state I wanted to stay in forever; my own little reality. It was a gentler place to live. I liked it there.

“Hey, I don’t know what’s going on, but this just came for you.” My roommate, Stacy, had been one of my closest girl friends since 10th grade and we transferred to Knoxville together. I opened my eyes and her concerned look warmed my heart. She touched my back so lightly it sent shivers under my skin.

When I saw the long white box with the red ribbon, I knew what it was, a beautiful bouquet of “I’m a shithead, please forgive me” roses. No thank you. All of last night’s pain came barreling back. I burst into tears and turned my face away from hers.

“You wanna tell me what’s going on?”

I shook my head and laid still.

I heard her leave the room, grab her keys and leave the apartment. She locked the door behind her. The dozen or so beers I had had throughout the last evening’s events were clawing at my bladder. I rolled out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom. I stood up to flush and ended up dry heaving. I knew it wasn’t a hangover. I could count on one hand the number of those I’d ever had. This was a sickness brought on by Noah. Stupid Noah. When I threw myself under Stacy’s bunk and into my bed I heard a crinkling sound.

My pillow had rustled a hand written note taped to the headboard of my bed.

“Beautiful Girl,

Words cannot describe how badly I feel for what I’ve done. I hate myself for hurting you. Please accept these flowers as my heartfelt apology. I promise I will never hurt you again. Please give me another chance; I can’t bear to think of my life without you.

I love you,
Noah

P.S. I will be back at noon to get you for lunch with my mom.”

I crumbled the note into a tiny ball and threw it across the room. What was he thinking? I couldn’t do lunch with him and his mom. I ran to the bathroom, dry heaved then ran over to Jake's apartment...........

And that's all you get today! Hope you enjoyed your little peek,


 

No comments:

Post a Comment